Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday photo feature


Fall has been slow to arrive this year.  Through last week the daytime Fahrenheit temperatures in the Mid South were still well into the 80s.  It was nice in a way, but in another way it didn't feel quite right for the beginning of November.

Some cooler weather finally moved in over the weekend--the kind that makes you want to put on a sweater or even a jacket between 5 PM and 9 AM or thereabouts.

It's always with a sigh of resignation that I start pulling out more clothes to wear in the boat.  Soon wetsuit pants and a paddle jacket and a variety of layering garments will be part of my everyday gear, and I'll yearn for those carefree days when I could head out the door with nothing on but a pair of swim trunks and a short-sleeve shirt.

But winter isn't here just yet.  Yesterday I decided it was cool enough for a long-sleeve shirt, but I stubbornly stuck to wearing shorts.  And it turned out I felt just fine in the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment