Sunday, June 9, 2019

Groping for better health

By Friday evening it seemed that I might be through the worst of my illness, but yesterday I woke up feeling as grim as ever.  Nevertheless, having spent a couple of days lying around the house, I was determined to have something akin to a normal Saturday morning.  So I went to the farmers' market and then headed down to the river.  On the dock I tried to relax and do a full stretch routine.  My whole body felt achy and tight.  I got in the boat and spent a half-hour paddling to the mouth of the harbor and back.  It wasn't much, but at least I could go back home and collapse in bed feeling like I'd accomplished something.

This morning I felt more energetic.  I went back to the river and paddled for 50 minutes, and even though I had to stop for a coughing fit several times, I generally felt good in the boat.  I came home and took a nap, and then spent the afternoon doing some light chores in the workshop.  I'm definitely not at a hundred percent, but maybe the end of this ordeal is in sight.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment