Sunday, September 29, 2019

My season enters its last week

Yesterday morning I did the strength routine for the last time before I race next Saturday.  I think I've made some nice gains in the strength department in the last month, but my arms are feeling stressed and I hope they'll have a chance to heal up a little ahead of race day.

After that I headed down to the river and did a relaxed, mostly-easy 50-minute paddle.  There was no barge traffic and the river was calm.

Today I went out and did eight 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals.  I did them out on the Mississippi, since that's where I'll be racing Saturday.

I'm feeling a little bit better than I did late last week.  The allergies continue to annoy a little, but the vision issues seem to have abated.  Hopefully my trip to the eye doctor tomorrow will involve nothing more than a routine exam.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment