Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday photo feature


I pay a hundred bucks per quarter to keep my boat down at Harbortown Marina, and it might be the best $400 I spend each year.  The hassle of getting my boat on and off the car every time I want to paddle is one of those subtle challenges to one's motivation that I'm happy not to have to deal with.  I can even ride my bike down there if I feel like it or if I want some extra cardio training.  And it's nice to have a place to spread out and ready my gear before paddling and put it away after.

That's my boat on the top rack in the photo above.  And in the foreground we see a piece of equipment that is, in the summertime, nearly as important.  Taking a bath in cool water from the hose is something I look forward to as I paddle the last 2000 meters up the harbor back to the dock on a steaming hot day.  I keep a bottle of castile soap on the dock, and I come away fresh as a daisy (at least until I've made the hike up the ramp to the parking lot and worked up a sweat again).

I'll just add that there are people who pay a lot more than $400 a year to belong to some spa where they can sit in a sauna and then douse themselves with cold water.  I get essentially the same thing at no addition to the cost of storing my boat at the marina.  And yes, I feel very smart because of that.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment