Monday, January 25, 2021

Monday photo feature

My new coach, Maks Frančeškin, lives in the Slovenian capital city of Ljubljana, but he spends a lot of time northwest of there in the Alpine valley of Planica running various training camps.  The area is best known for its Olympic nordic center and its famous ski-flying hill, but I assume there must be a river in there somewhere and that's where Maks's athletes train.  ***UPDATE January 27: Maks tells me they're not paddling there, but engaging in intense cross-training: "12-14 workouts of xc skiing, gym and swimming each week."

Maks sent me the photo above to show me how cold it is in his current location.  It makes me feel fortunate to be paddling in temperatures around 40 degrees Fahrenheit.  That sure is pretty country, however... could there be a trip to Slovenia in my future?


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely go. One of the most beautiful countries I have paddled in.

    ReplyDelete