Monday, February 15, 2021

Monday photo feature

I mentioned in my last post that I'm engaging in some vigorous hiking while the weather has made paddling all but impossible.  It's a chance to reacquaint myself with the city park just west of my house, and that's not such a bad thing.  The park contains a small tract of old-growth forest, and I walked through there this morning as the snow fell heavily.

I haven't been down to the riverfront since Friday, but I don't see how there couldn't be some ice forming in the harbor.  It's been below 20 degrees Fahrenheit for several days now, and the current forecast says it'll drop to zero overnight tonight.  With the temperature predicted to stay below freezing until Saturday, I doubt I'll be paddling anytime soon.  It's frustrating, but I have to remind myself that training interruptions like this are temporary and will be forgotten a couple of weeks later.  For now, I need to appreciate the lovely scenes like the one above.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment