After the race yesterday I drove back to Saint Louis to take in a Cardinals baseball game at Busch Stadium. Before the game I stopped in one of the eateries outside the ballpark and continued my slovenly eating ways by wolfing down a big old cheeseburger and fries.
This was the scene as the Redbirds took the field for the 6:15 PM first pitch against the Colorado Rockies:
Pictured here are Matthew Liberatore on the pitcher's mound; catcher Ivan Herrera; first baseman Alec Burleson; second baseman J.J. Wetherholt; third baseman Blaze Jordan; and shortstop Masyn Winn. Out of the picture, but no less important, are the outfielders: Everson Pereira in left, Nathan Church in center, and Jordan Walker in right.
I attended a Cardinals game when I came up for this race weekend last year, too. As I mentioned in my last post, I was the fastest solo finisher in the race, and conditions were good for fast times. And the Cardinals did their part by playing a nice, crisp, well-rounded game in which they beat the Chicago Cubs five runs to zero. This year's race was more of a slog, and I wasn't able to win my class, and the Cards picked up on that theme yesterday evening. It was a slow game with deep pitch counts, lots of walks, heavy traffic on the bases, and many pitching changes. The game was more than three hours old by the time the Rockies completed their 8-6 defeat of the Cardinals. I actually left after the eighth inning, because my motel in Alton was more than a half-hour away and I was ready to go to sleep.
Here's the parking lot outside Busch Stadium. All right, you sharp-eyed readers: can you find my vehicle in this sea of parked automobiles? Can you? Can you??? You might need your magnifying glass... or just zoom in, this being the 21st century and all.
For more information on what this blog is about, click here.



No comments:
Post a Comment