Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Another strength routine

I've started up a new strength routine to run to the middle of July.  I've actually been doing it since the beginning of last week.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned here before that strength work is my least favorite part of training.  The only reason I do it at all is that I do think it's beneficial.  But I try to keep my routines pretty simple and brief.  The less pleasant something is, the more tempted I'll be to skip it.

This new routine mostly works my core: two exercises use the stability ball, and another one is an exercise I learned watching a video posted on Face Book by a French flatwater racer named Lèa Jamelot.  (Thanks to slalom racing friend Billy Hearn for sharing it).  Jamelot does a number of neat exercises in the video and I'll probably work them into future strength routines.

The routine goes like this:

1.  Kneeling atop the stability ball
2.  Pushups
3.  Stability ball exercise demonstrated by Chinese slalom kayaker Jing Jing Li at 2:56 of this video
4.  Lèa Jamelot's exercise: involves standing on one hand and same-side foot, and touching the other-side elbow to the knee


I would love to share the entire Lèa Jamelot video here, but it's posted on Face Book (not You Tube or Vimeo or something like that) and there doesn't seem to be a way to embed it in a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment