Thursday, May 11, 2017

Getting ready to race again

This morning I paddled for 60 minutes on the riverfront, doing eight 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals and otherwise paddling a comfortable pace with the hope of feeling sharp at the Osage Spring 12 race on Saturday.

I've wanted to attend this race for each of the last two years, only to cancel at the last minute because of an injury popping up.  Neither injury turned out to be that serious, but at the time it was bothering me enough that I decided not to push my luck.  As for right now, I'm feeling pretty good, so with fingers crossed I'll be heading up to Missouri in the morning.

Yesterday I did my current strength routine for the last time before Saturday's race.  Next week I'll probably draw up a new routine to carry me through to the big race here at Memphis on June 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment