Sunday, October 27, 2019

Muddling along uncomfortably

My back ailment is now two weeks old, and I'm puzzled by it.  Usually when I tweak my back it works itself out over several days, but this time it hurts just as bad now as it did on Day One.  I've been to the chiropractor twice now, with no improvement to show for it.

At this point I'm trying not to obsess over it, and just live my life the best I can.  But the question is in the back of my mind: what if it's feeling just as bad two weeks from now, or a month from now?  All I can do is try to be good to myself each day and be thoughtful about my movements.  It would probably be wise to do some daily stretching and maybe some warm tub soaks.

The training break continues.  For the last couple of weeks my only paddling has been the usual Tuesday session with Joe.  Joe says I should continue to take a break until I'm good and ready to get back at it.  "You should be hungry," he says.  He's right, of course, but with a physically demanding week in South Africa looming in early February, I can't wait too long to start up some training again.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment