Friday, June 26, 2020

An unremarkable week

The first week of summer has featured the usual as far as this blog goes.  On Tuesday I did a round of the strength routine and then paddled a loop of the harbor with Joe.  Yesterday I did a 60-minute paddle that included a set of three 8-stroke sprints and chasing some waves behind an upstream-moving barge rig out on the Mississippi.  The waves were small and I had to sprint hard to get anything, but I ended up getting several decent little rides.  If nothing else, it was another good "play" workout of the sort I mentioned in my post last weekend.

All told, the weather has been rather nice for the month of June.  We've had a few uncomfortably muggy days here and there, but for the most part the temperature has been below 90 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity has been bearable.  There's still plenty of time for the dog days to settle in--I trust our Mid South climate to be our Mid South climate--but I'll take any nice bones that Mother Nature decides to throw my way.

This morning I did another round of the strength routine.  It's overcast with chances of rain, and today's high temperature might not exceed 85 degrees.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment