Thursday, June 17, 2021

Honest work in the sunshine

I paddled on Tuesday morning in bright sunshine.  The day was expected to get over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, but a north breeze made things quite pleasant.  I did two sets of four (2 minutes at 60 strokes per minute/2 min. at 80 spm/2 min. at 60 spm/2 min. rest).  The idea was to get up near anaerobic threshold during the 80-spm pieces, then train my body to reap some recovery while paddling back at 60 spm.

The weather was similar yesterday as I went through an endurance session: eight sets of (6 min. on/2 min. off) at 68 spm with some extra weight in the boat.  The pieces were hard enough that I was ready for each 2-minute rest period.

Today I observed yet another lovely morning with a sprint session.  I did four 25-second sprints at 4-minute intervals and six 15-second sprints at 3-minute intervals.  I started the longer sprints from rest while using flying starts for the shorter ones.

Three days of solid, but not too painful, workouts... the harder stuff appears to be looming this weekend.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment