Sunday, March 20, 2022

An ache here, a pain there, and a race in a week

I did a gym session Friday morning.  My left deltoid is still quite sore and I have no idea where the strain came from.  I doesn't really interfere with paddling, but it's an unpleasant thing to walk around with.

Meanwhile, it's been a few years now since I suffered from plantar fasciitis in my right foot.  I think it was around 2018 that I went through a treatment protocol at my chiropractor's office that cleared it up very nicely.  But in the last day or so I've had a hint of pain down there again.  I sure hope I'm not headed for another ordeal like that.

Yesterday morning wasn't too cold--it was around 50 degrees Fahrenheit--but it was mostly cloudy and breezy when I got down to the river.  I warmed up and did three 8-stroke sprints, and then did a set of twelve 30-second sprints starting every 3rd minute.  It took me a while to get fully warmed up to the task, and the first few sprints felt hard.  But I started finding a groove by the sixth or seventh one, and liked how I was moving the boat a week before my next race.

The sun came out while I was on the water and by yesterday afternoon the weather was quite nice.  This morning it was bright and sunny and warming up toward a high in the mid 70s.  It felt good to get back in the boat and paddle steady and calm, and smooth everything back out after yesterday's sprints.  This coming week I plan to do a few short sprints but otherwise get plenty of rest.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment