Thursday, March 10, 2022

Internal chemistry seems okay

I've received my lab results from the doctor's office and it appears that my testosterone, thyroid, and P.S.A. (prostate specific antigen) levels are normal.  That's good news, of course, but I remain puzzled as to why I've had less giddy-up in the boat in the last year or so.  Maybe the training I did under Maks last year just wasn't right for me.  Or maybe I'm just getting old and slowing down.

I will note that for the last week I've been feeling a bit better.  I felt strong while paddling last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  And Tuesday I had my most encouraging workout in quite a while.  I did eight 500-meter pieces, starting every 6th minute, with a target pace of 12.0 kilometers per hour (about 7.5 miles per hour).  While I may have been biting off too much with those 1000-meter pieces I did several weeks in a row last month, Tuesday's workout was good and taxing but I never doubted that I would finish out the session as strong as I'd begun it.

I also did a gym session Tuesday morning.  I skipped the pull-ups again because my left deltoid is still sore.  I don't know what I might have done to make it that way.

This morning I paddled steady for 60 minutes.  The weather was beautiful, but that won't last: Saturday is supposed to be bitter cold.  I may move Saturday's paddling session up to tomorrow.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment