Monday, September 5, 2022

Another week crossed off

Last week was much like the weeks that preceded it: I paddled Tuesday and Saturday, did a bike ride Thursday and yesterday, and did lots of rehab exercises the rest of the time.  The chiropractor showed me a couple of new exercises to add to the routine, and suggested we do some dry needling the next time I go in.  I'm scheduled to do that this coming Thursday.

I've more or less packed it in as far as racing goes this year, though there's at least one event that's tempting: there's a downwind race on Lake Michigan the weekend of October 8-9.  That's a long trip for me, and I'm nowhere near race-ready, but I'm not immune to those FOMO urges.  I'll most likely stick to my guns and pass it up unless I experience some very quick and significant improvement in the ailments department.

For now, I'm putting my athletic life on the back burner because my friend Rob has come down from New York to visit, and I'm going to show him around town.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment