Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday photo feature


In recent years I've been traveling out to the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon-Washington state line for the purpose of downwind surfski paddling.  But back in 1998 I went out there to enjoy one of that region's other offerings: whitewater.  In this photo I'm paddling on a section of the White Salmon River, which originates in the vicinity of Mount Adams in Washington and flows southward, meeting the Columbia River across from the town of Hood River, Oregon.  Photo by Wendy Peterson.

Is it possible for me to get back into some whitewater paddling?  I can't think why not, but there are some logistical hurdles I'll have to clear.  The nearest decent whitewater stream is some four hours from where I live.  And I'll have to get myself a new boat: the boat pictured above was my go-to river-running craft for about 20 years, but then it got stolen from behind my building six years ago.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment