Friday, March 31, 2023

Race schedule update

Here's an updated list of races I might attend this year.  The near-future event I've added is one on the Saline River a little ways southwest of Little Rock.  That should be no more than a three-hour drive for me, and I hope maybe some familiar faces from Arkansas and Louisiana and that part of the world will be in attendance.

As I mentioned a couple of months ago, the reason I'm listing the Michigan events in June and July is that I'm pondering a trip to the Great Lakes region around that period of the summer.  I haven't made any real plans yet, but now that we're moving within three months of those dates, I guess I should give it some more serious thought.


April

15    Ouachita River 4-mile Sprint.  Riverton Lake, Monroe, Louisiana.  4 miles (6.4 kilometers) on flatwater.  This race is described as a "sprint" because it's offered as a companion to a 49-mile (78.9-kilometer) ultra-distance race.  Register

29    Saline River Canoe Race.  Saline River from Peeler Bend to Lyle Park, Benton, Arkansas.  4 miles (6.4 kilometers) down a Class I river.  Register (Warning: the registration site this event uses is extremely clunky.)


May

13    Chitimacha Nation Race.  Bayou Teche, Jeanerette, Louisiana.  10 miles (16 kilometers) down a Class I stream.  Register


June

25    45 North Solstice Paddle Festival.  Lake Michigan (Suttons Bay), Suttons Bay, Michigan.  5-kilometer, 10-kilometer, and sprint races.  Register


July

8    Belle Isle Classic.  Detroit River, Detroit, Michigan.  7 miles (11.3 kilometers) around Belle Isle in the Detroit River that flows from Lake Saint Clair into Lake Erie.  Register


September

16    The Firecracker Race.  Mississippi River, Alton, Illinois.  15 miles downriver from Grafton to Alton. Register


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment