Sunday, April 30, 2023

Race schedule update

My big change of plans for the summer means some changes to the race schedule.  As I mentioned in my last post, the venerable Blackburn Challenge north of Boston is scheduled just a week before my woodworking course in Maine begins, so I'm seriously considering entering that event.  And the Ohio River Paddlefest is scheduled for a week after the course's conclusion, making it a potential stop on my way home.

Meanwhile, the Saline River race that was planned for this past weekend has been rescheduled for June 3. Since it's not far from home and I'm already registered, I reckon I'll probably go.


May

13    Chitimacha Nation Race.  Bayou Teche, Jeanerette, Louisiana.  10 miles (16 kilometers) down a Class I stream.  Register


June

3    Saline River Canoe Race.  Saline River, Benton, Arkansas.  4 miles (6.4 kilometers) down a Class I river from Peeler Bend to Lyle Park.  Register (Warning: the registration site this event uses is extremely clunky.)


July

15    The Blackburn Challenge.  Gloucester, Massachusetts.  A 20-mile (32.2-kilometer) open-water circumnavigation of Cape Ann.  Register


August

5    Ohio River Paddlefest.  Ohio River, Cincinnati, Ohio.  9 miles (14.5 kilometers) down this major drainage artery of the Midwestern United States.  Register


September

16    The Firecracker Race.  Mississippi River, Alton, Illinois.  15 miles (24.1 kilometers) downriver from Grafton to Alton. Register



For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment