Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Doing what I can, when I can

I'm trying to get ready to race this weekend amid an incredibly busy week at my building.  I managed to steal away for a 60-minute K1 session yesterday afternoon and a 40-minute K1 session this afternoon.  In both, I did six 12-stroke sprints.  My concentration was not what it should have been because of all the outside distractions--one more reason I should just race in the surf ski on Saturday.  Both boats are now on my car: I plan to leave Friday morning and paddle at the race site that afternoon.

The weather here is odd these days.  We're having some of the hottest weather of the summer right now, but both yesterday and today there were scattered showers in the area.  I saw no rain yesterday even though there was some thunder and dark sky nearby.  Today it did rain, and I got soaked in the last ten minutes or so in the boat.  The rain continued for about a half hour, and water was spewing out of the storm drains into the harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment