Thursday, August 2, 2012

Men's kayak video

If my comments on yesterday's K1 final seemed less specific than those on the C1 final Tuesday, it's because I hadn't yet actually seen any footage of what had taken place.  This morning I finally found a video of Molmenti's winning run, here.  I had to click through to a more obscure part of NBC's website to find it.  Molmenti is certainly a flamboyant personality as well as a powerful athlete.

I first became aware of Molmenti several years ago when I saw this video, in which he demonstrates his techniques for doing upstream gates in various situations.  I was impressed with his incredible control during those tight turns.

You can watch the K1 medal ceremony here.  All three medalists look positively delirious.  And why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment