Sunday, December 7, 2014

Strength

I'm on a twice-a-week paddling program right now, and yesterday afternoon I got in my second session in windy, mostly cloudy, chilling conditions.  But as usual for this time of year, I felt fine in the boat.  Standing on the dock before and after, changing clothes and getting my boat on/off its rack, was the toughest part.

I continued to work on paddling more with my legs and lower abdominals, and I'm reinforcing these muscle groups in my strength routine.  With a new month starting last Monday it was time for a new routine, and the one I've drawn up goes like this:

Hindu squats
Rotation exercises with a medicine ball
Several rubber band drills
Hindu pushups

I make two trips through this routine about three times a week (every other day, more or less).  I generally try to increase the number of reps as the month goes along, though with some exercises I concentrate more on good technique and speed than on volume.  As of this writing I'm at 62 Hindu squats per set and 30 Hindu pushups per set.

No comments:

Post a Comment