Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday photo feature


Ride 'em cowboy!  That's ME out there on the Ocoee River during the 2000 whitewater slalom U.S. Olympic Team Trials!  My mom, perhaps the only person who cared to point a camera my way that weekend, snapped the photo.  Even though I had worse than a Slurpee's chance in Hell of actually going to the Olympics, it was an experience I'll never forget.

The selection process for the 2016 whitewater slalom Olympic team began in earnest this past weekend with a competition at Charlotte.  It'll continue next month at Oklahoma City.  A couple of spots on the team actually got filled this past weekend, and I'll write more about that when I get a chance.

The other Olympic canoe and kayak discipline, flatwater sprint, has its U.S. Olympic Team Trials on April 29-30 at Gainesville, Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment