Friday, January 13, 2017

A new strength routine

I started up a new strength routine today.  Here's how it goes:

1.  Hindu squats (demonstrated starting at 1:20 of this video)
2.  Military press with dumbbells
3.  Feet lifts (demonstrated at 4:13 of this video)
4.  Bent-over rows with a dumbbell
5.  Lateral abdominals (demonstrated at 3:52 of this video)


The first day of a new strength routine is always something of a dry run, where I go fairly easy to give my muscles a chance to adapt to their new jobs and I also make sure I've got the correct technique down.  It looks like my biggest challenge in this routine will be the feet lifts: I've never been much good at acrobatic/gymnastic stuff.  My difficulty doing this exercise today is also probably a sign that the relevant muscles are weak, so it'll be satisfying if I can get better at it in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment