Sunday, January 22, 2017

An easier day

My trip to Jackson has been postponed until later in the week.  But it nevertheless felt good this morning to have gotten the long paddle out of the way yesterday.  I went downtown and paddled pretty easy for 60 minutes.

I checked the Internet radar before I left the house, and it seemed certain that I'd be getting rained on. But the rain held off until after I'd finished paddling.  A shower moved in as I was driving home.

On a day like today, when I'm giving my body a break from the stress of long, hard, fast paddling, I focus more of my attention on the technical aspects.  I try to make each stroke a really good one: I look for a nice clean catch, full rotation of my torso from the hips up, and a state of relaxation that lets all the relevant muscles from my shoulders down through my legs fire in unison.

Just in case anybody's curious about this trip down to Jackson: I have found a buyer for the K1 I've had up for sale.  He's in Louisiana, and we've agreed to meet at Jackson to close the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment