Sunday, December 24, 2017

A day at a time, closer to the start of another race season

I'm doing what I usually do for the Christmas holiday--hanging out at my sister's family's house on the North Carolina Piedmont.  We're doing the sort of things I expect most families do: lots of sitting around and visiting and consuming all the seasonal sweets and eats.

But I did find time for a smidgen of exercise this morning.  I did an abbreviated version of the current strength routine--that is, I did exercises 2, 4, and 5.  Exercises 1 and 3 require dumbbells and I don't have those with me.  Normally I go through the routine twice, but today I did it three times since I was doing fewer exercises.

I've continued to get in the boat twice a week--Tuesday and Thursday this past week--and work to get more comfortable with the mechanical adjustments to my stroke.  Slowly but surely I'm getting there.  Once I'm back home I'll start to dial up the volume toward my usual training workload.  I won't be doing as much as a 20-year-old Olympic hopeful would be, of course, but with any luck it'll be respectable for a 50-year-old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment