Monday, May 21, 2018

A change in latitude

It was a hot weekend in Memphis, but it wasn't bad yet Saturday morning when I went downtown to paddle.  I was tired from the sprints I'd done on Friday, but I still got in three 8-stroke sprints just to work on the motor skills for paddling fast.  I spent the rest of the 60-minute session doing a steady loop out on the Mississippi.

Yesterday, instead of paddling, I drove my car.  By the end of the day I had joined my family for a little beach vacation down at Dauphin Island, Alabama.  I've probably endured more horrible drives than yesterday's in my time, but right now I can't remember any.  I'm not sure why yesterday's drive seemed so bad--there were no traffic snarls or anything like that.  I wasn't feeling all that well physically and I guess I just wanted the trip to be over.  All I know is that when I finally arrived I was one exhausted, stressed-out human being.  Oh well... now I'm down here with no particular responsibilities the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment