Monday, January 21, 2019

Monday photo feature




My friend Chris Hipgrave of Bryson City, North Carolina, has just returned from a sea kayaking expedition in Antarctica.  He's posted some pretty spectacular photos on his blog and his Face Book page and kindly given me permission to share one here.  With this blast of cold weather we've just had here in much of the U.S., I figure we could all use a reminder that there's always someplace colder and icier than where we are.  And it's summer down there in Antarctica.

Which of Chris's photos to share here was a tough decision.  I encourage everybody to go here and have a look at his entire album.

I will sneak in one more, however.  I've written many times about how much I love our critters on the Memphis riverfront--the birds, the turtles, the fish, the beavers, even the snakes.  But I have yet to see any penguins around here.  Says Chris, "Although technically not an albino, this Gentoo penguin has a genetic mutation that makes him stand out from the crowd."

No comments:

Post a Comment