Friday, August 28, 2020

Late-summer doldrums

It's been a mostly unremarkable week of paddling.  The remnants of Hurricane Laura are passing through the Memphis area today and I'd been hopeful of some downwind conditions out on the Mississippi, but instead we're just having a lot of rain with not particularly strong winds.  So I stayed in and worked on the house.

I paddled a loop of the harbor with Joe on Tuesday.  The weather was warm but not too humid.  By yesterday it was a different story: during my time on the water the temperature was moderate but the humidity was through the roof.

Yesterday's session consisted of a set of 8-stroke sprints and some steady paddling out on the river.

As for some better news, I think I'm having some improvement in that arm achiness.  I've been doing the exercises that my chiropractor showed me, and pretty soon I'd like to get a strength routine going again.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment