Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sure doesn't feel like August

Yesterday morning seemed like a day in late October or early November.  There was a steady drizzle falling outside and the temperature was 71 degrees Fahrenheit--not exactly chilly, but much cooler than normal for this time of year.

I went downtown and warmed up in the boat, doing three 8-stroke sprints, and then headed out onto the Mississippi.  The river was calm and completely free of commercial traffic, and I was okay with that because I was feeling a bit tired in the boat.  I paddled mostly easy for 60 minutes.

The sun came out today but it was still unseasonably mild; I think the high this afternoon was in the mid to high 80s.  I was feeling a bit more energetic and paddled a stronger pace with a few surges.  I was in the boat for 110 minutes.

The forecast says that the mild weather will continue for the next few days, with highs in the mid and even low 80s and overnight lows in the 60s.  I'll try to enjoy it while it lasts.  It looks like summer might be back to its normal self by next weekend.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment