Sunday, September 20, 2020

Things seem good as cooler weather arrives

Yesterday was the first truly fall-like day we've had this season.  It was almost chilly outside when I got up in the morning, and it remained brisk and a bit breezy for the rest of the day.  In the boat I did three 8-stroke sprints and otherwise paddled steady and relaxed for 60 minutes.

The weather was much the same today.  This morning I did a round of the strength routine before heading to the river.  In the boat I paddled out of the harbor and up the Mississippi to the Hernando DeSoto Bridge, and then returned to the harbor, where I did a set of eight 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals.

The news is good in the aftermath of my mother's surgery.  The doctor said the procedure went extremely well and that he doesn't believe any cancer is present.

This positive outlook for my mom's health makes me more confident that I can travel to a race or two this fall.  The first is coming up next weekend; I'll provide more information soon.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment