Thursday, September 24, 2020

Time for some long-overdue racing

The remnants of Tropical Storm Beta passed through the Mid South this week, bringing weather that felt like a mild stretch of our winter.  Tuesday was cool and overcast with occasional sprinkles, and yesterday it rained all day while the temperature stayed below 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

On Tuesday I did a round of the strength routine and then joined Joe for a loop of the harbor.  I was hoping some cheerier weather might return today, but this morning I paddled in a stubborn drizzle and the sky remained cloudy all day.  I did a set of six 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals during a session of 40 minutes overall.

Aside from a quick trip to Little Rock in June, I haven't left the Memphis area since February.  That will change tomorrow when I head for a weekend race on the Ohio River a few miles upstream of Louisville.  The race is Saturday morning, and I'll be camping in a state park across the river in Indiana.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment