Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday photo feature

I've done my share of paddling in the rain, but I never had any decent photos of it because of the obvious issues with using a camera in the rain.  But last Tuesday, as I paddled with Joe Royer in the harbor, a storm cell moved in and doused us for some ten minutes, and Joe decided to capture the joyous moment with his smart phone.  The wet screen gave him some trouble as he tried to get the device to respond to his finger-touches, but at last he was able to shoot this photograph.

Like most people, I tend to cherish the pleasant sunny days out on the water.  But rivers and lakes have a distinct beauty in inclement weather that's well worth whatever small amount of discomfort you might experience when paddling on such days.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment