Monday, February 28, 2022

Monday photo feature


Well, I'm thrilled, because this morning I learned that my film "A Paddler's Journey" has claimed the "Viewer's Choice" award at the National Paddling Film Festival.

Granted, this particular competition is sort of like a race for county clerk in which there are 18 candidates and the election might be won with as little as 15 percent of the overall vote.

Nevertheless, my family and friends showed up for me, and for that I'm humbly grateful.  And I realize that I'm fortunate in a much more general way, too, because these people will likely be there for me when the stakes are much higher than just a homemade film in an obscure film festival.

And so, if you're one of the people who paid 20 bucks to watch and vote, please savor this award with me!  Even if you did nothing more than say something nice, I appreciate that, too, because I'm the world's worst self-promoter and gestures like that gave me the confidence to go out and ask people to watch.

Oh, and of course thanks to those who made contributions to the film: the people who appeared in it and spoke on camera like Ana Swetish, Greg Barton, Austin Kieffer, Chris Hipgrave, Michael Meredith, Jules Gismondi, Carter Johnson, and Rob Flanagan all did, and the guy who made some exceptionally good music for the soundtrack, Jason Freeman.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment