Friday, April 29, 2022

Getting slightly more serious (baby steps)

I'm starting to grind the gears back into motion in preparation for summertime racing.  On Tuesday I started up a new gym routine--some arm exercises with rubber bands and some core exercises.  Then I went down to the river and did a simple tempo workout.  I warmed up for 3 kilometers, paddled a strong tempo for 4 km, and cooled down for 3 km.  My target pace for the tempo piece was 11 kilometers per hour; paddling with a tailwind, I had no problem maintaining between 11.5 and 12.0 kph.

Tuesday's weather was cool but bright and sunny.  Since then the Fahrenheit temperature has risen toward the low 80s, and it's gradually gotten a bit cloudier.  It was still very sunny yesterday when I went to the river and did a steady 60-minute paddle.

This morning I did another gym session.  It's supposed to be partly cloudy and warm this weekend and I hope that'll be the backdrop for some good paddling.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment