Monday, April 18, 2022

Late spring doldrums

This past weekend brought us another stretch of cool, rainy weather that makes me wonder if those warm, sunny, carefree days will ever arrive.

Saturday morning I got to the river and realized I was slightly underdressed.  The temperature was above 60 degrees Fahrenheit, but a north-northwest breeze made things chilly.  Once I was in the boat paddling I felt okay, but not cozy.  I paddled for 100 minutes, venturing up into the Loosahatchie Chute before heading back.  A few raindrops fell on me as I approached the entrance to the harbor.

Yesterday the temperature stayed below 60 with periods of rain.  I stayed in and worked in the shop most of the day.  In the late afternoon I decided to drag myself outside for a bike ride.  I normally prefer to get my athletic stuff done in the morning so I can wind down at the end of the day, but once I was on the bike I found a groove and had a great ride.  I covered 34.5 kilometers in 95 minutes, traveling out the Greenline to Shelby Farms and doing a loop around Patriot Lake before coming back home.  I felt better after the ride than I'd felt all day, and after a good supper and some reading I promptly fell asleep.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment