Friday, July 15, 2022

Well... it's time to race again

Yesterday my arms were tired from my two downwind runs on Wednesday.  I did just one run yesterday and tried to back off the intensity as much as I could.  But that's hard to do on a downwind run: if there's a good run in front of you, just within your grasp, sometimes you just have to sprint!  In any case, I think it was good for me to go out and get some blood flowing.

I'm up early this morning.  Adrián is giving me a ride to the race start at Home Valley Park.  The race doesn't start until 11:15, but we've got to get there several hours before that so Adrian will have time to drive his car to the finish at Hood River and get himself back to the start.

I'm telling myself that today should be fun and to treat this like "just another downwinder," but I can't help getting amped up when a race is on.  We'll see how it goes.  Maybe I'll get a report up this evening, but it'll more likely be tomorrow.  If you're following this blog, thank you.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment