Sunday, December 25, 2022

Holiday down time

The big winter blast arrived right on schedule Thursday afternoon, and the Mid South got quite a bit more snow and ice than I'd expected.  My mom and I had planned to leave Friday morning to spend the holiday weekend with my sister's family in North Carolina, but we decided to push our departure to yesterday.  By yesterday the streets of Memphis were still quite icy but Interstate 40 was totally clear.  The traffic wasn't bad and the trip was about as painless as a nine-hour trek can be.

Today, of course, was designed for a sedentary existence, but in the mid afternoon I managed to shake off the ennui of Christmas brunch and do a gym session.

We'll be heading back to Memphis either tomorrow or Tuesday... I'm not sure which.  If it's Tuesday then I'll spend tomorrow doing some rehab exercises and general self-care.

I guess my biggest news is that I'll be attending a training camp in Florida starting next weekend.  I'd been holding off on committing myself because of all my ailments and lack of any training intensity, but I've decided to give it a try.  It remains to be seen how my body responds, and I'm prepared to beg off certain workouts if I have too, but I hope that being around some fellow paddlers will enhance my enthusiasm and focus for the coming year.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment