Thursday, December 29, 2022

Hoping I'm ready for camp

My mother and I decided to come home Monday, and I'm glad we did.  I've had a bunch of nuisance chores to deal with this week, and with my departure for Florida scheduled for tomorrow, having an extra day to work with has helped a lot.

If we'd waited until Tuesday to drive home I'd have been hard-pressed to get even one paddling session in before leaving, but coming home Monday freed me up to do two.  On Tuesday I paddled for 50 minutes, and did three 5-minute tempo pieces with five minutes recovery in between.  I nudged the stroke rate up a bit with each one, and was pleased with how my body responded.  I was back in the boat this afternoon, paddling for 60 minutes in a steady drizzle, and felt more tired and sluggish.

I did a gym session before both Tuesday and today's paddles.

I've got another crick in my neck, and this one is a lot more stubborn than the one I had a couple of weeks ago.  That first one was in the left side of my neck, and the current one is in the right side.  It's making my everyday existence a lot less pleasant than it should be.  The aches in my left arm muscles continue as well.

But... I'm headed off for training camp anyway.  I hope my body will respond well and it will be a good experience.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment