Friday, June 2, 2023

Time for some racing again

That race that was originally scheduled for April 29 is tomorrow.  I'm talking about the four-mile (6.4-kilometer) race down the Saline River at Benton, Arkansas.  I'm basically winging it: other than skipping the gym routine this morning, I'm just training through it.  We'll see how it goes.  I have no idea who else will attend.  I plan to get up early in the morning to drive over there; I expect the trip to be a little under three hours.

Yesterday morning I was back in the whitewater boat doing some more drills: forward paddling, backpaddling, spins, Eskimo rolls, side-slips, stuff like that.  My left side has always been my better paddling side in a canoe, but I did the drills on both sides in the interest of muscle balance.  I need to tweak the boat's outfitting a bit; I'd forgotten how quickly a paddler's ankles can fall asleep in a C1.

I've spent today getting all my race gear ready while otherwise doing non-athletic stuff.  We'll see how things go tomorrow.  I know a lot more now about what's going on in my body than I did the last time I raced, but if I can I'm just going to pretend like everything is normal.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment