Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday photo feature

This is where I was exactly two years ago: lounging in the Fish Hoek Beach Sports Club on the Western Cape of South Africa.  Seated at right are our two coaches for Downwind Camp, Jasper Mocke (red cap) and his brother Dawid.  That's me in the upper left corner, with fellow campers Moses (lower left), Ezra (foreground), and Donald (orange shirt).  I'm guessing we've just gotten back in from paddling out on False Bay.  It's the middle of summer there and the weather is deliciously warm.  Carefree times, indeed.

There's another Downwind Camp going on there this week, and several of my racing friends from the southeastern U.S. are participating.  They include Chris Hipgrave, whom I saw down in Florida several weeks ago, and Alessia Faverio and Cam Thacker, who have attended the Florida training camp in the past but didn't this year because they were saving money for the South Africa trip.  They're now posting about their trip on social media, and I'm feeling all jealous.  Don't you just love the way social media makes you feel?  Oh well... hopefully one day I'll return to Fish Hoek or some similarly awesome place, and people can get all jealous of me.  So there.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment