Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday photo feature

This is a screen shot from an old VHS video I bought back in the early/mid 1990s.  At the time I was determined to practice whitewater slalom any way I could in my whitewater-poor part of the country, and the video showed a bunch of stroke drills that an athlete can do on flatwater.  In the photo above, Dana Chladek, a U.S. team member in the 1980s and 90s, demonstrates "SWEEPS Weaving a Line."

I did lots and lots of these drills in the harbor downtown and on Patriot Lake over on the east side of town.  Now, 30 years later, I'm still doing a lot of drills, although these days they're oriented more toward effective rotation at the hips for maximum stroke power.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment