Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday photo feature

It's the spring of 2017, and I'm charging up Old Fort Bayou at Ocean Springs, Mississippi, with Jeb Berry breathing down my neck.  I think Doug Heller took the picture.

The "Battle On The Bayou" canoe and kayak race has taken place at Ocean Springs each March since 2010 (excepting the pandemic year of 2020).  The 2024 edition is slated for March 23, and that's just three weeks from this Saturday.  I plan to show up down there and do whatever I'm capable of doing.  Jeb, who hails from Gulfport, Mississippi, is signed up to race in a double surfski, and I expect his partner will be his teenage son Thaison.  Anybody who'd like to join us can register here.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment