Friday, June 7, 2019

Illin'

Well, my plan to race up in Kentucky this weekend has been scuttled.  I've gone and gotten sick.  It started as sort of a chest cold early in the week and by Wednesday evening it had advanced into flu territory.  I don't have a thermometer to take my temperature but I have felt feverish at times, and my energy has gone missing entirely.  Yesterday I didn't feel like doing much besides lying in bed, though I did have to go over to my rental property and babysit some contractors there for a couple of hours in the afternoon.  I'd reserved a motel room for tonight up in Taylorsville, Kentucky, but I went ahead and canceled it yesterday morning.  I'd held off on registering for the race itself because of those symptoms early in the week.

I guess this isn't the worst time for something like this to happen.  But it would have been fun to go race and see some friends this weekend.  With any luck I'll be mended in time for the race at Batesville, Arkansas, next weekend.

My general plan for this first half of June is to keep the training volume moderate with these races going on.  After the Batesville race I plan to build into a good solid training block for the Gorge Downwind race next month.

This week I started doing a light version of a new strength routine that I'll elaborate on later.  Other than that, I've been in the boat twice this week--Sunday and Tuesday.  I did generic steady paddles both days.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment