If you've been reading this blog in the last few months, then you know that my mother's condition has been a major concern in both my paddling life and my life, period.
She passed away at about ten o'clock yesterday morning. Her caregiver called me with the news as I was driving home from my weekend in the Saint Louis metro area.
My life won't be getting "back to normal" anytime soon, what with all the funeral arrangements and estate management and chores like that. But as one of my best friends said, "She is at peace. The worst part of the journey is over."
I think my dad took the picture above, and I think it's somewhere in Europe--France or Italy, maybe. My sister might know for sure. I know my parents traveled to those locations during the decade or so before my dad died in 2005. But it doesn't matter, really... it's just a good picture that captures the person my mom was very nicely.
For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

Sorry, Elmore…
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. Your mom was such a lovely person. Hugs to you.😘
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely photo of your mom and a good memory to have. Sorry to hear of your loss, Elmore. My condolences to you and your sister.
ReplyDelete