Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back on the surf ski, back on the river

It was another hot, sunny morning as I went to the riverfront for a 60-minute session.  I paddled the surf ski for the first time in quite a while.  It felt big and slow compared to the K1, but once I got it out on the mighty Mississippi (where I have not taken the K1), it felt somewhat more in its natural habitat.

The low-water season has arrived: today's 7:00 AM Memphis gauge reading was 1.4 feet below zero.

I'm thinking about doing this race on Ross Barnett Reservoir outside Jackson, Mississippi, in two weeks.  I'll probably race in the surf ski because R.B. Reservoir has been known to get quite rough, and I haven't proven to myself I can go hard for the better part of an hour in the K1 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment