Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday photo feature


With Jason Salomon behind me, I enjoy a little surfing in Five Boat Hole on the lower Gauley River in September of 1994.  I don't know where the other three boats were.

Gauley season has rolled around again.  Water is released from Summersville Dam every September and October, and paddlers from all over flock to this rugged area for some autumn whitewater fun.  I went up there last year and I'd love to go back there right now, but I'm afraid there might be too much on my plate.  I'm on the verge of moving into my building, at which time I'll get busy relocating my workshop.  I've got a crafts fair coming up in less than a month.  And there are several other places I want to travel soon.

I'll get around to all these things.  But maybe not all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment