Friday, June 6, 2014

One last session of sprint training

Storms are in the area, but this morning it was calm and even sunny for a while as I made my way to the river.

I did a variation on Monday's workout.  It was really the same workout except I did "10 seconds on, 20 seconds off" instead of "15 seconds on, 15 seconds off."  It gave the workout a different feel in interesting ways.  Overall, it was not as taxing; but since the boat had an extra five seconds to slow down between sprints, I had to overcome that much more inertia on the next sprint, and wasn't able to establish a rhythm like I could in the 15-second sprints on Monday.

Anyway, this was my last "real" workout until the OICK race next Saturday.  From now on I'll be doing short sprints with lots of recovery, and generally trying to get as much rest as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment