Monday, September 15, 2014

Still rehabbing

In the last several days I've done a couple of rounds of the September strength routine and paddled my whitewater boat in the harbor.  A front came through Friday and the weather has cooled off... finally.

I went back to the massage therapist Friday, and he did some deep work on that stubborn knot in my left shoulder.  He said my "trap" muscles are very strong and highly developed (from a lifetime of paddling, I reckon), and he had to spend much of the session working on them to get them to relax enough that he could get at the knot underneath.

We talked more about the exercises I've been doing.  The muscles that open up my shoulders have become very tight, he said, and the exercises are designed to loosen them up and "rip those fibers apart."  I love the imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment