Saturday, September 6, 2014

Work and play

I have continued my rehab exercises, my exercise ball drills, and my whitewater boat paddling this week.

In the boat I've been trying to put as little stress on my arms as possible, and do most of the work with my legs, hips, and torso muscles.  For example, when practicing sweep strokes, I plant the blade in the water and try not to move it from that spot.  This means that I don't jerk it with my arms, but use my core muscles to move the boat around the "pivot point" of the blade's location in the water.

My traditional low-brace C1 roll seems pretty reliable, paddling on the left (my dominant side) or paddling on the right.  I'm still struggling with the cross-brace roll, however.  About a week ago I managed two or three successful ones, but I haven't been able to do one since.

No comments:

Post a Comment