Monday, May 25, 2015

Doing it well is what's fun

I did the May-June strength routine both Friday and yesterday, and it feels good to be active with that.  I think the rubber band exercises complement nicely the ones I'd already been doing for my shoulder.

On Saturday I paddled for 40 minutes in the harbor and a little bit out on the river.  I did three 8-stroke sprints and paddled a not-too-hard and not-too-easy pace.  Though it was officially a recovery session after the harder paddling I'd done on Thursday, I wasn't completely docile out there.  The only time I really keep the intensity low is when I'm truly exhausted, such as on the day after a race.  When I'm feeling good I'll push the pace a little from time to time, and of course concentrate on good technique... I like paddling with good technique, after all.

I am now out of town once again: each year my mother and I and my sister's family get together down at Dauphin Island on the Alabama Gulf Coast.  I hope to get a couple of good workouts in, but I've also brought a second boat so my nieces and nephews can have some fun with me on the water.  The biggest challenge will be the weather: it looks like there will be storms in the area all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment